Terms & Conditions
- 1.1 By using the www.hiringsteps.com website and associated job posting and applicant tracking services provided, you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms.
- 1.2 Your use of the Hiring Steps Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an "as-is" and "as available" basis.
- 1.3 Hiring Steps reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any changes to the Service shall be subject to this Agreement. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
USE OF SERVICE
- 2.1 You must be 18 years or older to use this Service. When signing up for Service, you must provide your legal name, full company name, valid e-mail address, and any other information requested by Hiring Steps in order to complete the signup process. Accounts registered by any automated method including but not limited to "bots" are strictly prohibited.
- 3.1 You agree that you will not use the Service to post a fictitious job, post a commission only job, require applicants to pay to apply or pay for any other products or services. You agree not to redirect applicants to phone numbers or websites in order to apply for the job.
- 3.2 You agree not to post a job with an incorrect company name, inappropriate job title, misleading job title or use a dollar amount in your job title, use an exclamation mark or any other special character in the job title.
- 3.3 You agree not to attempt to access any of the Services by any means other than through the Hiring Steps provided interface, including without limitation by methods such as "scraping" or the use of "robots" and "spiders".
- 3.4 You agree you will not interfere with or disrupt the Hiring Steps Services.
- 3.5 If your bandwidth significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage of other customers, as determined solely by Hiring Steps, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account.
- 3.6 The term for the Service shall commence on the date that access to the Service is activated by Hiring Steps, Inc., and continue until terminated as provided in these Terms of Service.
- 3.7 If you access the Service for the purpose of applying to a job posting, you acknowledge and agree that Hiring Steps will store your information and share this information with the user responsible for posting the job.
- 3.8 We may temporarily or permanently suspend or terminate your access to the Service without notice and liability for any reason, including if in our sole determination you violate any provision of this Agreement, or for no reason.
CANCELLATION AND TERMINATION
- 4.1 If you subscribe to a free trial, you will not be billed during the free trial period. If you do not cancel the Service at or before the close of the free trial period, you will automatically be converted to "Plan 1" and be subject to the following billing terms.
- 4.2 You must notify Hiring Steps, Inc. of any change to your billing information before the next billing cycle.
- 4.3 You will be billed in advance on the first day of each billing cycle. If you selected a monthly plan you will be billed on a recurring monthly basis until you cancel the Service. If you selected an annual plan you will be billed on a recurring annual basis until you cancel the Service. No refunds or credits will be issued for partial months of Service or unused Service.
- 4.4 All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only taxes based on the net income of Hiring Steps.
- 4.5 Plan upgrades are processed immediately and the new plan rate will be prorated through the end of the current bill cycle. Your credit card on file with Hiring Steps will be charged immediately for this prorated amount.
- 4.6 You will be charged the new rate for plan downgrades on your next billing cycle.
- 4.7 You hereby authorize Hiring Steps, Inc. to debit or credit, as applicable, your credit card or debit card on file for recurring monthly fees, annual fees and paid job boards that you select.
- 4.8 Prices for all Services are subject to change upon 30 days' notice from Hiring Steps. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to www.hiringsteps.com or via e-mail.
- 5.1 You may cancel your account at any time by clicking on the cancel link found in the billing section of the profile tab. If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid billing cycle, your cancellation will take effect at the end of your billing cycle and your credit card will not be charged again; however, no refund or prorate will be issued.
- 5.2 Once an account is canceled, Hiring Steps, Inc. reserves the right to delete any associated data at any time.
- 5.3 In the event that Hiring Steps terminates your account for your breach of this Agreement, you will not be entitled to a refund and a refund will not be issued.
- 6.1 Each Hiring Steps user must create and maintain a unique login which must not be shared with another person or entity.
- 6.2 You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose including such use that may violate any applicable laws in your particular jurisdiction.
- 6.3 You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk. Hiring Steps, Inc. is not liable for any loss or damage resulting from unauthorized use of your personal information.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- 7.1 YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS.
- 7.2 Reasonable efforts will be made to ensure that the Service is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. However, the Service will be interrupted on occasions for maintenance, upgrades and emergency repairs. YOU AGREE THAT HIRING STEPS WILL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY EVENT TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR LACK OF AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICE.
- 8.1 YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT HIRING STEPS AND ITS VENDORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES.
- 8.2 Notwithstanding Section 7.2 and 8.1, the liability of Hiring Steps in relation to this agreement and your use of the Hiring Steps Services shall never exceed the lesser of your total payments to Hiring Steps or three months of subscription services regardless of such liability.
EXTERNAL JOB BOARDS
- 9.1 Subject to the provisions of these Terms of Service, Hiring Steps grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to use the Service. You acknowledge that you acquire no other rights to the Service and that all rights, title and interest in and to the Service shall remain with Hiring Steps.
- 9.2 You agree not to reproduce, copy, modify, make derivative works, reverse engineer, or exploit any portion of the Service.
- 9.3 You hereby grant Hiring Steps a royalty-free, worldwide license to use, display and publish any Content you submit through Hiring Steps solely for the purposes of providing the Service.
- 9.4 You have sole responsibility for the accuracy, appropriateness, and intellectual property ownership and right to use all of your Content.
- 9.5 Hiring Steps reserves the right, but is not obligated, to reject and/or remove any User Content that Hiring Steps believes, in its sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening or violates these Terms of Service.
- 10.1 We make reasonable efforts to distribute your job posting to third-party job boards. By posting your job, you give Hiring Steps permission to distribute your job posting to third-party job boards selected by Hiring Steps.
- 11.1 You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Hiring Steps and its officers, directors, employees, and vendors harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of or in connection with your use of the Service and violation of any applicable laws or Intellectual Property Rights.
- 13.1 This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware. The exclusive venue for all disputes under these Terms of Service shall be the state or federal courts in Los Angeles County, California.
- 14.1 This Agreement shall constitute the entire agreement between you and Hiring Steps concerning the Service.